We all get it.
And most of us hate it.
So why does it continue?
The obvious answer is that the spammers achieve their aims and objectives by continuing to send unsolicited email.
So what are those aims and objectives?
Well, I’m sure they are quite varied, and different spammers have different goals but here are a few of their main objectives –
- To sell products and receive the resulting affiliate commissions
- To acquire personal information for the purpose of stealing someone’s identity
- To overcome the security measures on one computer in order to breach the wider corporate network
- To install viruses, spyware, worms or trojans
- To capture computers into botnets to facilitate denial of service attacks
- To con people into donating for fake causes
- To acquire further email addresses from address books in order to send out yet more spam
Can you think of any other reasons why an individual or group would engage in spamming?