Are you looking for an easy to use and, importantly, free tool to enable you to surf the web privately? If so, then Spotflux may be what you are looking for.
Spotflux is a new service that will route your browsing through a virtual private network (VPN). It also claims that it can protect your computer from internet based spyware and malware though I haven’t yet tested this aspect.
As mentioned above, its very easy to get going with Spotflux and here is how:
1. Firstly, head over to the Spotflux website which looks just like the image above. Then click on either the PC or Mac button as per your own requirements.
A file will be downloaded to your computer. Remember where it goes and then find it and double click on it.
2. You’ll see the screen above next and simply need to click on the Proceed button.
3. Now Accept the license agreement.
4. And choose where to Install the program.
5. As part of the installation process you may very well be prompted to install a custom driver. Click the OK button at this point to do just that and then the installation will be complete.
6. You’ll find that Spotflux has placed an icon on your desktop: double click it.
7. The program will now open in disable mode: click on the Enable button to get going.
8. Spotflux is now enabled and you can surf the net in private mode.
9. To show that Spotflux worked I quickly shot over to my own web site where I have a real time stats package installed. As you can see above, this UK blogger appeared to be from Rockville, USA and using an unknown operating system. My IP address was also not my own. Nice.