We all visit a huge number of web sites these days and many require some form of registration in order to fully interact with them. If you are like me, forgetful, then you probably use something like KeePass in order to store all those logins and passwords.
But what if you don’t and you lose a password that you are finding hard to recover?
Well, your browser may be the saviour here. If you use Chrome then this is how you can recover a forgotten password.
Recovering a lost password with Chrome
1. The first thing you will need to do is click on the spanner icon found in the top right hand corner of your browser.
2. This will open a box which looks exactly like the image above. Here you need to click on Options.
3. Next up, click on Personal Stuff on the left hand side and then click on the Manage saved passwords… button.
4. As you can see above from my abridged image, this will display all the saved sites, user names and passwords that are stored within your Chrome browser. I’ve obfuscated mine for obvious reasons but you will see your user names in clear text and your passwords as stars.
5. Find the password you need to rediscover and click on the Show button to the right of this. Again, I’ve hidden mine, but yours will now be displayed in plain text. Don’t forget it again!