ESET Nod32 Antivirus is a great antivirus program in my opinion and is one of the most popular antivirus programs that I have reviewed recently.
But if you are determined to remove it for some reason (perhaps you are looking at alternatives – see link at the end of this article) then the following guide will take you by the hand and show you how its done –
Option 1 : Uninstall or remove ESET NOD32 antivirus with Windows uninstaller.
1. Press start menu and then go to Control Panel
2. Select Add/Remove Programs
3. Locate ESET Nod32 antivirus in the list and then click Remove to uninstall it.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the uninstall process.
If the above method doesn’t work for you then there is an alternative manual method you can try –
Option 2 : Manually uninstall NOD32 antivirus.
After completing option 1 above work through the following –
1. Restart your computer in safe mode.
2. Click Start and then Run
3. Type “Regedit” in the box and press “Enter” to access Registry Editor.
4. Locate and remove the below registry entries from your computer :
5. Then open “My Computer”, Tools, Folder Options and tick “Show hidden files and folders”.
6. Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\inf folder and directly delete “INFCACHE.1” file.
7. Lastly, restart your computer and then check whether the following 3 folders are on your computer. If they are you simply need to delete them.
- C:\Program Files\ESET
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
- C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET
Please be aware that editing your registry can have dire consequences if you make a mistake so only perform the above steps if you feel totally competent and don’t forget to save a copy of the registry before making any such changes.
If you are looking for an alternative to ESET Nod32 then check out my 2011 antivirus reviews.