If you use a computer and want to keep your data safe.. use a password.
If you use the internet and want to keep your identity secure.. use a password.
If you want that password to be effective.. better make it a good one.
Passwords are used every day for a variety of reasons and an effective password is vital in protecting you from identity thieves and scammers.
Here are 10 tips to help you create effective passwords –
- Use a number and / or punctuation
- Change your password every 3 months or so
- Use different passwords for different sites
- Always use at least 8 characters
- Mix upper and lower case letters
- Use a phrase with no spaces (don’t use proper spelling, i.e. ‘dictionary words’ though)
- Use multiple words strung together separated by punctuation
- Never use personal information (such as your name, someone you know, etc)
- Never use common single words (for example, cat, blue, etc)
- Never share your passwords with anyone
Can you think of any other tips for creating an effective password?