It may only be June 2012 but BitDefender have now officially launched their new lineup of 2013 security programs (antivirus, internet security and total security).
Having had a sneak peek at Total Security 2013, I was already quite impressed with the company’s existing security lineup but the new programs really do promise to raise the bar again. Not only did the core elements seem to be better and quicker, new features have been added too:
- Windows 8 support
- Security widget
- Device anti-theft (this is the part of Android security apps that I do actually recommend)
- USB immunizer (stops malware from leaving an infected machine or device, thereby preventing it from spreading)
- BitDefender SafePay – utilises a secure browser, virtual keyboard and unbreachable connection on public networks in order to ensure safer banking.
More familiar aspects that are still present include:
- SafeGo to safeguard your Facebook and Twitter accounts
- ID theft protection
- Advanced warnings for risky websites
- Free 24/7 tech support (if this is good it will be a big plus point)
- Autopilot mode to make the most important security decisions for you
As to how good a security solution these new programs from BitDefender will be, only time and use will tell. The beta seemed pretty darned good to me and so I hope the final versions will be even better.
Fortunately, I will be able to find out right away – I’ve just acquired Antivirus 2013, Internet Security 2013 and Total Security 2013 for review purposes – thanks Ligia – and I’m installing the first of them now.