Last year I wrote about 20 strange ways to get arrested.
If you’re still alive and free after that list, here’s another 10 unusual laws still technically in effect around the world today –
1. In Thailand it is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.
2. All married women in Turkey must forfeit all jointly held assets upon divorce from their husband. (sounds great to me!)
3. In Finland if a taxi driver plays music in his car whilst carrying a fare-paying customer then he must pay royalties to the recording artist.
4. In Illinois, it is illegal to drive a car with anything other than a steering wheel.
5. In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute prohibiting corrupt practices or bribery by anyone other than political candidates!
6. In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice per day. (oops, I’ve been slacking)
7. In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public may do so, but only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.
8. In Kentucky it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon if it is more than six foot in length!
9. When in London do not flag a taxi down if you are carrying the plague – its an offence.
10. In Washington it is against the law to have sex with a virgin under any circumstances. (that includes their wedding night – FAIL!)