Much has been written about the attacks on the World Trade Centre on September the 11th, 2001.
Despite the vast commentary from experts and laymen alike, there still seems to be many unanswered questions about who exactly was behind the attack, why they orchestrated it and how they were able to organise it.
If you search Google for the phrase “9/11 conspiracy” then there are some 7.2 million results!
Is this because there really was a huge conspiracy behind the attacks on that fateful day or is it the case that an awful lot of people want to believe in alternative theories?
THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The reasons why some people believe that the 9/11 attacks were anything other than the official line of an attack by Al-Qaeda are numerous, to say the least.
Here are some of the more common alternative theories –
- The planes were flown by remote control as evidenced by the fact that some of the alleged hijackers were found alive after the event
- The US government had advanced knowledge of the impending attacks and chose not to act to prevent them
- That the attacks were co-ordinated by foreign security services, with or without knowledge of the US government
- The attack on the Pentagon left a hole in the building that was far too small for the aircraft that was supposed to have hit it and that, therefore, a missile must have been fired instead
- The Twin Towers were built to withstand earthquakes and extreme heat and should never have collapsed in the way they did, leading to some concluding that explosives must have been used
There are, of course, many other conspiracy theories out there too, ranging from the involvement of Mossad to links to ‘The New World Order‘ and a whole host of other possibilities which range from the plausible to the downright incredible.
WHO, OR WHAT, DO YOU BELIEVE WAS BEHIND THE ATTACKS ON 9/11?