Other than your general net surfer, I believe there are 3 other distinct types of people online –
1. The internet has been a great source of income for many web-savvy entrepreneurs, opening up a whole new world of opportunity, just ready to be exploited.
2. Beneath them are the hard working middle class who put many long hours into web based projects, pouring their money and soul into their passion, only to see a tiny return on all that investment.
3. Lastly, there are some right clowns who come online, almost looking to get themselves scammed.
Here are the top 10 ways they achieve that aim –
- They get excited about selling goods on eBay for more than they are worth and then post them to Nigeria
- They pay for their Russian boyfriend girlfriend, who looks too good to be true, to get plane tickets and a visa so they can come and visit
- They send thousands of dollars to a deposed prince of Sierra Leone who is just aching to give $millions to a complete stranger
- They sign up to social networking sites and feel the need to share every last detail about their lives, including their social security number and inside leg measurement
- They immediately confirm their bank details to their own bank because “the email told them to”
- They look for work as envelope stuffers because they like the idea of spamming other people with the same “wonderful job offer”
- They always carry their PIN number next to their credit card, just in case they forget it
- They invest huge amounts of money into HYIPs because everyone makes money from them
- They fly to Africa to collect a bride and a huge dowry, only to then wonder why they are collected from the airport by a group of strange men
- They pay $150 for a laptop because the guy behind the scheme is standing as a politician and so must therefore be totally honest
Are you online to make money or lose it?
A FOOL and his money are easily parted
Don’t be the clown!